Schott Poly 230, 230W Solar Panel
- Schott Poly 230, 230w 20 Volt Nominal PV Module
Schott solar means Affordable Solar. We’ve been pleased with Schott’s outstanding performance and ruggedness. Their modules have an above average PTC/STC ratio (better than 90%) which means that they will produce closer to their STC rating than most other modules during hot summer days. Their sturdy construction reduces the risk of micro-fractures that can shorten a module’s life, also the glass is proven to withstand most hail storms. As a bonus, they are manufactured in the USA puts dollars in our economy! Performance—longevity—American made: Schott makes perfect sense.
SCHOTT Solar polycrystalline solar modules
The long-established German company SCHOTT Solar is a world leader in the photovoltaic industry and has more than 50 years of experience in the development and production of components for solar applications. SCHOTT Solar polycrystalline modules are specifically designed for both roof- and ground-mounted applications. Due to strict internal quality standards, all modules benefit from exceptionally long durability, which results in maximized profitability. The polycrystalline cells within each module are sorted to particularly narrow performance tolerances, thereby allowing series interconnections with minimal mismatch losses.
Click the image above to see why Schott modules excel above the competition.
SCHOTT POLY™ 230
- Double of the required standard:SCHOTT Solar tests its modules for twice as long as is required by the IEC.
- High resistance to mechanical loads: The solid anodized aluminum frame ensures superior torsional resistance. SCHOTT Solar polycrystalline modules are also tested to an extreme loading pressure of 5,400 Pa – which equates to 550 kg per square meter and a reassuring level of security for your investment.
- High performance output: All SCHOTT Solar polycrystalline modules hold a positive tolerance of their nominal power rating. This ensures a stable high-energy output and a quick return on investment.
- Long-term reliability: SCHOTT Solar offers a power output guarantee of 25 years and a product warranty of ten years.
- Increased resistance to reverse current: SCHOTT Solar polycrystalline modules have a high resistance to reverse current, minimising the wiring costs.
Nominal power [Wp] Pmpp: 230 watts
Sorting tolerance: -0 %
Voltage at nominal power [V] Umpp: 30.0 volts
Current at nominal power [A] Impp: 7.66 amps
Open-circuit voltage [V] Uoc: 36.9 volts
Short-circuit current [A] Isc: 8.33 amps
1 The electrical data applies to standard test conditions (STC):
Irradiance at the module level of 1,000 W/m2, spectrum AM 1.5 and a cell temperature of 25°C.
The rated power may only vary by ±4% and all other electrical parameters by ±10%.
Data at normal operating cell temperature (NOCT)
Nominal power [Wp] Pmpp: 165 watts
Voltage at nominal power [V] Umpp: 27.1 volts
Open-circuit voltage [V] Uoc: 33.7 volts
Short-circuit current [A] Isc: 6.67 amps
Temperature [°C] TNOCT: 47.2°C
Power TK (Pn): -0.47%/K
Open-circuit voltage TK (U): -123 mV/K
Short-circuit current TK (I): 2.50 mA/K
Solar cells per module: 60
Cell type: MAIN-Iso (polycrystalline silicon, 156 x 156 mm2, full-square)
Connection: Junction Box IP65 with 3 bypass diodes, solar cable (length: 1.1 m, diameter: 4 mm2) with Tyco Solarlok Interconnection
Dimensions junction box: 110 x 115 x 25 mm
Front panel: low iron solar glass 4.0 mm
Frame material: anodized aluminum
Dimensions and weights
Dimensions (tolerances ±3 mm): 1,685 x 993 mm
Thickness (tolerance ±1 mm): 50 mm
Weight: 50.6 lbs. (23.0 kg)
System voltage [VDC]: 1000 VDC
Maximum reverse current IR [A]*: 20 amps
Operating module temperature: -40… +85°C
Maximum load (to IEC 61215 ed. 2): Pressure: 5,400 N/m2 or 550 kg/m2
Application classification (to IEC 61730): A
Fire classification (to IEC 61730): C
* No external voltage in excess of Uoc shall be applied to the module.
Permission and certificates
The modules are certified to IEC 61215 ed. 2 and IEC 61730, Electrical Protection Class II and the CE-guidelines.
Due to size, these modules must ship by freight. Please call 1-800-810-9939 for a free shipping quote.
- No information available
Weight: 41.5 lbs